Thursday 22 October 2015

{The Round House [continued(3)]}[26th March 1987]

[Redbook3:25-26][19870326:1543d]{The Round House [continued(3)]}[26th March 1987]

.1543
[continued]

The answer* can be seen – correctly or incorrectly – in the Circles. I realised this around Christmas time, when I made a conscious effort – 'I'll go where I'm told' – to stop willing a solution. On Christmas Eve I attended a service in the Church of Scotland here in [I], where the sermon suggested that someone in that very congregation might be refusing to let Christ into their lives. I had just 'wrestled' a solution of a sort to the dilemma of the property deal in London: having achieved a state where I believe I genuinely do not care about the money – although it is likely to prove the yardstick of repentance, or otherwise, I do not need it and will take it or leave it as circumstances suggest – I do care very much that my [father is] made to face the truth, and ha[s] no excuses for deceiving [himself]. Just before Christmas I sent off a statement of facts and conclusions to [him], and asked for [...] comments and corrections. Having sent that off, I felt relieved of a great burden of misconception.

Shortly after Christmas, quite unexpectedly, and without my notes etc. for it, which are in store, I began to write my [“2”] book. A few days into that we had a reply from the owners of the only Welsh smallholding that we had liked, and which had been re-advertised at Christmas – they had now included the part which had been left out – and we agreed informally to a purchase and sale. Legal details are still being sorted out three months later, but it seems quite possible that it will come to completion within the next couple of months(!)**. I still hanker after the Highlands, and hope to travel here, and perhaps one day to “retire” here; but I do not see how I can live here now.


*[To the question posed at the end of the last previous entry.]

**{12th May, actually}


[PostedBlogger22102015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.