Wednesday 7 October 2015

{Kielder Water [continued(3)]}[7th September 1986]

[Redbook3:12-13][19860907:0612f]{Kielder Water [continued(3)]}[7th September 1986]

19860907.0612
[continued]

In waking life*, we travelled North through what was (although we did not discover that until Kielder) the tail end of Hurricane Charlie: we did in fact pass through the flooded valleys of the Yorkshire Dales, saw flooded caravan sites, ploughed through flooded moorland roads, and had some difficulty in the winds on the higher moors in keeping to our road at all. When I saw the rectory across the valley near Kielder I said to [W] words to the effect of 'It only needs to be for sale' – and it was. It was also on the River North Tyne. Everything seemed to fit so exactly that for a while I thought I had found the place [sic]: but after a while I thought of that first dream** more carefully: the curious fact was that the River North Tyne was about the only local river not to have been flooded, and I imagine the reason to have been that it is controlled by Kielder Water. The only circumstances which I could envisage in which the River North Tyne would seriously overflow would be in the event of some catastrophe at Kielder Water, which could conceivably affect the Rectory (or the Churchyard).

One possible further missing link has just fallen into place. I had been puzzled about my dream being in Trafalgar Square: but when we were looking round the Rectory, the owner told us that it had been built after the Napoleonic Wars, along with others nearby, to provide jobs for ex-Forces Chaplains; hence, possibly, Trafalgar?


*[See last two previous entries]

**[See last previous entry but one; and cf. [Redbook2:304][19831007:1430]{A Dream: The River North Tyne}[7th October 1983], but see long footnote. So far as I am aware Kielder Water and the Rectory remain unscathed!]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger07102015]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.