Monday 19 October 2015

{The Auditor's Daughter}[26th March 1987]

[Redbook3:22-23][19870326:1543]{The Auditor's Daughter}[26th March 1987]

.1543
(RECENT MOVEMENTS)

Later in September we flew down to the South to collect the [Fiat] Panda – among other things. I had reason to visit again the Auditor* who had lost his daughter, to collect some papers. Knowing that I was about to initiate an unpleasant interview with [...], re property deals etc., I was too distracted to pay proper attention to him as he referred to his daughter, whose photo now stood on his desk (it had not been there on my previous visit).

I left quickly; and after a few minutes driving home through the pretty woods west of Sevenoaks, the image of the young girl's face decided me to turn round and go back to her father, and ask for the cup of tea which I had refused earlier on. I tried in a limited way to explain why, and was I think to a limited extent understood; I do not really know whether my visit was helpful or not to him, but it certainly taught me yet another lesson (one which no doubt I shall have to learn again – and even that may not have been the first time.)


*[Redbook3:9-10][19860907:0612b]{A Dream: [(1)] The Bishop, the Priest and the Pale Spirit}[7th September 1986]

[PostedBlogger19102015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.