Saturday 3 October 2015

{A Dream: [(2)] The Black-faced Rector}[7th September 1986]

[Redbook3:10-11][19860907:0612c]{A Dream: [(2)] The Black-faced Rector}[7th September 1986]

19860907.0612
[continued]

(2)(a) I returned to a local Church in Chelsea, and encountered the Rector who had christened [d]. To my great surprise, he had a black face: not a black body, nor even a black head, but specifically a black face, as though painted. I said to him (while passing his Church door): 'I will be back.' He said: 'Perhaps'. This comment made me (or was it [W]?) angry; but I had to admit the truth of the possibility.*

(b) Inside the Church, everyone else still seemed to be in black. We sat in two seats at the side, with other seats in front and behind, but ours were the only seats in that row on our side of the nearest aisle (to our right). On our left I was taken aback to see an arch with what I took to be a door in it, on which were written the words 'The Bishop': I was afraid that I would be blocking the Bishop's entrance. I then realised that the words were not inscribed in a door, but in a blank section of wall: there was no door within the Arch.**


*After [d]'s Christening, we had been encouraged to return; but had done so, I think, only once <930120>.

**When the Archbishop visited [The Cross] Church [in about 1989?], I was seated in the choir with my back to the high arch which communicates with the vestry (once a doorway) through which I heard the Archbishop talking to [X[Q]] (but not what he said!) <890915>.


[PostedBlogger03102015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.