Wednesday 21 October 2015

{The Round House [continued]}[26th March 1987]

[Redbook3:24-25][19870326:1543c]{The Round House [continued]}[26th March 1987]

.1543
[continued]

Shortly before Christmas, we realised that everywhere we had chosen had turned out to be wrong for some reason: too much to do to it, not enough earning capacity, removed from the market, sold before we could offer, or (in many cases) Surveyors advised against it on particular or general grounds. I still felt that I was needed – or was needed – to be in the South: within reach of where things were happening. I felt that I was escaping too far too soon. I missed the trees. I felt that I was trying to impose my will against the proper course. Logic said we could not afford to settle here, where property prices, for what you get, are much higher than in many other hill areas, and where everything else costs more too. But logic often follows intuition, to justify it; and logic also asked: why bring me up here (of dreams, intuition etc.) only to send me back?


[continues]

[PostedBlogger21102015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.