Thursday 8 October 2015

{A Dream: [(4)] Profaning the Church}[7th September 1986]

[Redbook3:14][19860907:0612h]{A Dream: [(4)] Profaning the Church}[7th September 1986]

19860907.0612
[continued]

(4) The night after we saw the Rectory from the outside, but the night before we visited it, I dreamt that I was at a party at which a girl was doing something sexy and vaguely party-ish; but I raised the question of whether we should really be doing this sort of thing in front of the altar in the old Church.

This experience [sic], and the series of dreams, encapsulates my problem with the Church: that I love the idea of the Church, but cannot cope with clergy and congregations; and that I love to go into Churches, but only (normally) when they are quiet and empty.


{I was attracted by the idea of being the caretaker (or even “owner”) of the lovely but disused St. Luke's Church at Greystead.}

[PostedBlogger08for09102015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.