Sunday 28 March 2021

{The Church and I [continued]}[4th April 1990]

[Redbook7:116-117][19900404:1531b]{The Church and I [continued]}[4th April 1990]


19900404.1531

[continued]


*But I have lost nothing by this year of waiting.**


I have compressed into a year Christian reading (and Greek) which would have probably spread over years or forever otherwise; and I shall continue this at least during this year, intending to finish the New Jerusalem Bible (and notes), the Greek (and Latin), and read some more Encyclopaedia Britannica articles*** before I go back to more general reading.


I have also thought with particular concentration about the Church, adding to the previous consideration of Christ and Spirituality.


Finally, I have been in the end utterly prepared, despite my knowledge of the personal disadvantages**** it seemed likely to involve, to commit not just my loyalty but my whole life to Christ and the service of God’s people in the way which the Spirit seemed to be indicating was right – and that is no small thing, a matter never forgotten.


I think that many of the things I would have said and done in the Ministry I shall now do and say sooner (and possibly better – certainly more freely) outside it.#



*[See last previous entry]


**{Except some secular study, and some time in offering the house for sale.}


***{Not much study recently....}


****{& some advantages....}


#{Oh?}



[continues]


[PostedBlogger28032021]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.