Friday 26 March 2021

{Dream: A Shop with [xS]}[3rd April 1990]

[Redbook7:114-115][19900403:1001b]{Dream: A Shop with [xS]}[3rd April 1990]


19900401.1005

[continued]


This morning I had a dream which seemed to involve a young girl with short blonde hair, over whose shoulder I was looking, starting up a shop *(all glass and daylight) in a modern shopping precinct* in a foreign country** (Japan?): at first the shop was virtually empty, but after some while it began to fill up*** with persons [sic] who seemed (or now seem) to be both models (or mannequins) and customers **** at the same time. It was, I think, only when I received a momentarily rather physical and characteristic sense of this young girl that I realised she was [xS](R~); at that point the dream ended.

#

I had gone to bed with a feeling of peace; and this(?) developed into a slight but significant sense of integrity which, I think, accompanied my recognition of [xS] in the dream, and whose traces are with me now.


I have sent off [2] to a new independent publisher, Sinclair-Stevenson, with a chatty handwritten letter (!) instead of the usual business-like note: it will be obvious why I have done this now.#*



*This line [in the ms – between the * & * in the ts] (& my memory of the dream shop: large windows, and other similar shops nearby) sits fairly well with the T[ourist] I[nformation] C[entre] at Llan[...]: see Vol. XVI [] <930817>


**ref tourism? <930817>

[or just a different place – and a different culture, as Llan[...] is from the area around [CH]]


***This was the pattern of the T[ourist] I[nformation] C[entre] [at Llan[...]] from its opening to date. <930817>


****{NB!}

ie ? a T[ourist] I[nformation] C[entre] does not just sell things to its customers but makes them [the customers?] part of its product/service...? <930817>

[Or possibly that its real customers are its client accommodation-providers, who are also on display to the buying tourist customers]

[It is of course also applicable to the writing of fiction about people, who read the fiction....]


#{See Vol [] XVI (esp [] 306)}

{See also [[Redbook7:253-254][19900827:1017b]{Dream: Of a Golden Girl}[27th August 1990],] 253}


#*{Unsuccessfully}

[Presumably, ‘this’ is the sending of [2] to a publisher, not the manner of doing so.]




[PostedBlogger26032021]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.