Wednesday 8 April 2020

{Personal Circles [continued]}[12th September 1989]


[Redbook6:236-237][19890912:1140b]{Personal Circles [continued]}[12th September 1989]

.1140
[continued]

One can never know what would have been; but I suspect that the pattern I mapped out (when I was in my late teens/early twenties) for the first part of my adult life, was the right one.

In it, I would have lived at [C] – much as I am now [here] at [CH] – but in a caravan rather than in the house, grown vegetables, earned odd money by casual work* (in fact the Territorial [& Volunteer Reserve] Army would have served that purpose), read a great deal of fiction to improve my writing, and practised, practised, practised.

I do not think that I would have developed spiritually any faster: I should probably have reached the same point by now as I have now, but the circle would have been better balanced between inner and outer, and the journey probably less agonising. I might have been less keenly aware, by the end of it, of the appalling dangers of the Outer Circle; but I should still have known about the Outer Circle [sic] (or the [O] really is a flying saucer).


*& drawing Social Security when necessary



[continues]

[PostedBlogger08042020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.