Friday 8 April 2016

({Dream of} PERSHORE [continued(4)])[10th April 1987]

[Redbook3:166][19870410:1000d]({Dream of} PERSHORE [continued(4)])[10th April 1987]

19870410.1000
[continued]

*But when we came here**, it was with an idealised version of a sea-shore house in my mind; and we are leaving partly because we haven't found one (I have seen several, but they are not for sale). We have lived close to the edge of the Sea (if not the expected Sea) and within sight of it, here in [I]. If I come back to the Highlands one day – as seems possible – to live, I would expect to live on the Sea shore (West*** Coast) or beyond it (e.g. Raasay).

****So: Who is going furthest (of the handful who are still on the train)? Adams (Men) – (are going to) Cairns (the Hills/Hilltops#); but I am going (to) Per (via/through/by the)Shore#, which in the dream I seem to think is further than the Hills (and logically and in Circle terms would probably be so).

What is brilliant about this is that there are, if I remember rightly, about 10,000 (ten thousand) station names in the railway Pre-Grouping Atlas and Gazetteer#* of Britain, and I have no reason to remember Pershore any better than anywhere else, so far as I know; it is not surprising that the “screen” remained blank for a perceptible interval before the mental process – presumably faced with the problem: find a Station name which conveys that he is going via (or by) the edge of the Sea – came up with the solution: Pershore!#**


*[See last previous entry.]

**[See [Redbook3:23-26][19870326:1543b]{The Round House}[26th March 1987].]

***[See last three previous entries.]

****(or North?)

#(Symbolically!)

#*[which much time over the years had been spent searching; so that if all things seen are retained, all the railway station names would be held in memory. <20160208>]

#**(But of course this is all speculation!)
(cf.VII.81)
I should hoot, if I end up one day living at or near Pershore.... <870816>
[Currently living among the Hills, with lots of Cairns.... <20160208>]



[PostedBlogger08042016]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.