Monday 25 January 2016

(INNOCENCE{:[xS]})[4th April 1987]

[Redbook3:103-104][19870404:1005l](INNOCENCE{:[xS]})[4th April 1987]

19870404.1005
[continued]

I have referred to 'Innocence', above*. The concept arose during [2], as a description mostly relating to xS, although I was aware of its use during the final march, in [0], towards the centre point of [...]land: the phrase was 'the inner sense of innocence'. I think. (This was long before xS had come to mind.) Innocence is perhaps the first example of a Quality attached to the personality of an Archetype as it develops, as contrasted with the qualities attached to the Inner and Outer Circle points at which the Archetype develops.**

xS's Circle qualities are Simplification (or, in static rather than dynamic terms, Simplicity) and Love; but the overwhelming quality of her which I have experienced in the inner sense is her Innocence, which is in some way closely related to both simplicity and love, and is apparent (to me) particularly in those wonderful eyes. The innocence of those eyes is far more than the innocence of a baby's blue eyes: it is dynamic, intense, and full of an indefinable meaning, the type of meaning which cannot be described as it comes across to you, but will become apparent later within your own meaning. xS owes something to my memory of Michelangelo's ***sybil, but it is some time since I saw a reproduction and my memory may well have altered.

The eyes of xS, Sybil of the Circles – at this point, after going to look up what I have now crossed out (from '[2]'), and writing it, I found I had forgotten what I was going to write****, which is a pity. xS in '[2]' is, I think, still 'immature' even by contrast with xS as I saw her when I wrote '[2]'; there is a tradition that the apparent age of such figures reflects not their development, but that of the observer# (i.e. [the Narrator] in '[2]').


*[[Redbook3:67-70][19870329:1210r](THE BIBLE AND CHRIST/JESUS)[29th March 1987];
[Redbook3:98-99][19870404:1005g]{Resonance [continued(3)]}[4th April 1987];
[Redbook3:101-102][19870404:1005k]{The Righting of Wrongs}[4th April 1987].]

**But it is proper to +C, from which it comes direct to her. <890930>

***Delphic <870603> [in the Sistine Chapel ceiling] – the wrong location, as it turned out (cf S&C [original, full paper version] 12.4 [Why?]) <930412> {– but see [this Journal Vol.] IV.4-5}.

****'Cupbearer and High Priestess of the Most High' (crossed out).

#cf. Apocryphal Gospels?

[continues]

[PostedBlogger25for26012016]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.