Tuesday 12 January 2016

{Archetypes}[2nd April 1987]

[Redbook3:93][19870402:2315]{Archetypes}[2nd April 1987]
2315

I am aware that some would consider employment of Archetypal figures (such as +Mk, and xS) to be a form of pantheistic idolatry. But it is not: unless you consider the figure of the Archangel Gabriel to be idolatrous (no doubt some do*). There is, of course, evidence** for the historical existence of the Archangel Gabriel, although I doubt whether many Western historical scholars would care to accept it as historical evidence. There is, so far as I am aware, no evidence for the historical existence of (say) [xP], as named and described; her reality to me is as an inner experience, of whom I have written, and dreamed, and whose quality I have felt within me, never more so than I do now, as I write these words.


*Yes; some do. <890930>

**Which is why +K has caused me anxiety; but she speaks for herself.
 
19870402.2327



[PostedBlogger12012016]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.