Tuesday 5 January 2016

(DEVELOPMENT OF THE CIRCLES [continued(3)])[2nd April 1987]

[Redbook3:88][19870402:2106c](DEVELOPMENT OF THE CIRCLES [continued(3)])[2nd April 1987]

19870402:2106
[continued]

I first became interested in the Tarot cards between [writing] the two halves of [0] in about April-May 1980, which was also presumably when the four cardinal archetypes began to acquire personal characteristics to fit their qualities*. The precise fit of Astrology's Zodiac took a little while**; I am still not 100% certain whether Sagittarius and Gemini should not straddle the top and bottom cardinal points.

I originally had a different fit for the Tarots, finalised at about the beginning of [writing] [0], which had a certain literary power but little logic in terms of the [Tarot] Pack's own structure: i.e. the present version is far simpler and flows with the Pack's structure instead of messing it about. It is also less 'superstitious'*** in that it ignores the 'three sevens and the Fool' pattern which seems so likely to the numerologically-minded; instead, I concentrated on going back to the simplest and most basic Pack I could find, and paying attention to the pictures rather than the titles (which**** I believe may have reflected the political and religious necessities of intervening times). The present 'fit' represented a breakthrough**** * in applying the Circles, and enabled me (I hope) to finalise the Zodiac fit (at least to within half a Constellation)**** **.

*This is probably incorrect. <930331>

**{I think I had been working on it since some while before the Tarots appeared.}

***{“numerous”?}

****(the titles) <880307>

**** *(within the last few years)

**** **(and to personalise the diagonal Qualities)

(The Church Calendar seemed a possible 'fit' also.)


[continues]

[PostedBlogger05for06012016]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.