Monday 23 January 2017

{Computer Characterisation}[19th November 1987]

[Redbook4:153-154][19871119:2312c]{Computer Characterisation}[19th November 1987]

19871119:2312
[continued]

Years ago (this is a new point)*, when I was first interested in microcomputers** and their games, I hypothesised a method of programming for variations in game-character behaviour consistent with character based on the circles structure of eight-spoked 'wheels' (8 being a useful number in low-level programming). I lacked the knowledge or ability to to take this further, and did not consider it for many years (as far as I know) until very recently: when it occurred to me that the attributions of Vices, Virtues and Gifts to the Circles, if they are valid attributes, might form the human basis for exactly such a system.*** However, I do not think I have the interest to take this further into the computer world at this stage.


*[Ref. Last previous entry.]

**[Sinclair ZX81 acquired c.1981, Sinclair Spectrum acquired c.1982, Victor Sirius acquired 1982; but the interest was longer-standing, going back at least as far as the Commodore Pet in about 1977.]

***[Or A.I. or even 'consciousness'/self-consciousness? cf. the occurrence or relative unpredictability on the Outer Circle around xP/J~ <20161218>]



[PostedBlogger23012017]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.