Sunday 22 November 2015

{Fictions}[28th March 1987]

[Redbook3:52-53][19870328:2207b]{Fictions}[28th March 1987]

.2207
[continued]

Worries over the books arise because I know they are flawed, in several ways. For a start, they are not what publishers want. This does not worry me at all, now; what does concern me is that in an effort to make them what I thought publishers wanted, I edited and re-edited [0] (and to a lesser extent [1]) to such a degree that I am afraid much of the original clarity of vision may have been lost. On the other hand, it may not be impossible for such a vision to to have been built up in layers over time. How can I tell? And what can I do about it?

Secondly, they are not very well written. I am afraid this does not bother me as much as no doubt it should.

Thirdly, they are distorted by my own intellectual processes and other personal factors. This is much more serious and applies I think most strongly to [0] (as above). In [2], I realised what was happening and restored direct speech of archetypes to the original versions, wherever I felt I could. The original versions will, of course, also have been distorted in this way, but probably not so much.

Fourthly, the process of dealing with these matters by works of fiction, and the symbolism(s) involved, although both essential (I believe) to enable me to discover and understand these matters at all, distort the Reality as any way of looking at the World must.

So the books are at least four times flawed.


(GMT)

[PostedBlogger22112015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.