Thursday 26 November 2015

(DEVELOPMENT)[29th March 1987]

[Redbook3:55-61][19870329:1210d](DEVELOPMENT)[29th March 1987]

19870329.1210(BST)
[continued]

From a very early age, I had an interest in religion of an inward, not very Churchy, sort. Clearly it was Church-inspired (and I seem to recall my mother reading me stories from a picture-book of Jesus' life). But I have generally tended to find Church and [school] Chapel services rather tedious, although some of the hymns were very fine.

At my preparatory boarding school, when I was about eight or nine, I used to try to make it rain, in order to miss games, and believed I could do so*; I have my doubts now about the intellectual capacity of the nine-year-old to control such experiments with sufficient rigour, but it perhaps indicates an open mind, in one sense at least.**


*[...sometimes. It rained a lot....]

**[And a refusal to take Nothing for an answer (i.e. to learn)? <870813>]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger26112015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.