Wednesday 19 September 2012

{Intelligence and Achievement}[4th May 1968]


[Redbook1:41][19680504:1800]{Intelligence and Achievement}[4th May 1968][Age 16]

Saturday 4th May 1968
6 p.m.

            I have decided to go and see "A Man for all Seasons” at the town cinema -- although I have seen it before, it was so good that I should like to see it again.  We had a test (two long paragraphs, some definitions, and one short paragraph) this morning on Vikings and Carolingians for Dr.  D.  I expect I have done badly again.  I'm feeling rather depressed about 'A' levels; I seem to be getting worse marks than usual this term.  I expect it is partly because the various [teachers] are tightening up on mistakes etc., but it is still rather depressing.

            I know that I'm not stupid, and I know that in many ways I am cleverer than some people who get better marks than me because they can work without stopping and remember dates and figures.  Yet they will get better grades than me at ‘A’ level.  This means that they will stand better chances of getting to university, and hence better jobs will be open to them.
[PostedBlogger19092012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.