Wednesday 12 September 2012

{Co-ed}[27th April 1968]


[Redbook1:35-36][19680427:0915]{Co-ed}[27th April 1968][Age 16]

Saturday 27th April 1968
09.15a.m.


            There are going to be about fifteen girls in the school next term.  This is a great advance for a boys’ boarding school, and some parents are against it; but I think it is a good thing.  You can have little idea how boring and frustrating life can become with only boys around; I have only been here a week, and already I feel frustrated and lonely.  I have only begun to feel like this this term.  It isn't as though I am a sex-maniac in the holidays; I'm not.  It's just having girls around that makes the difference.  I am sure that this is an unbalanced existence; it is unnatural, against nature, and so it leads to other ["]unnatural["] things -- such as homosexuality.  Most homosexuality in this kind of school is, I think, clearly a result of this unbalanced existence; I don't mean that boys would sleep with girls if there were girls here, but the very fact that they were here would lead to a relaxation of many of these sexual tensions.  I think everyone goes through a slightly homosexual phase, anyway; I know that I did for about two terms -- though I never did anything, because reputations tend to live on -- but it seems to have gone now, thank goodness.  Possibly it's disappearance may be connected with two things: firstly, I am beginning to be interested enough in girls to do something about it; secondly, I think there is a good chance that some of the (post-‘O’ level) girls who are coming next term will be attached to [...][this] House.

[PostedBlogger12092012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.