Wednesday 5 September 2012

{School}[20th April 1968]


[Redbook1:27][19680420:1200]{School}[20th April 1968][Age 16]

Saturday 20th April – 12 noon.

            I have been so busy during the last few days that I had no time to make entries in this book.  I am now at school.  On Wednesday night D drove us up from C to London through a rainstorm -- there had been a thunderstorm earlier on, but it had stopped by the time we got to London.  On Thursday I packed, and on Friday afternoon D drove M and I [sic] down to [NB].  The traffic was awful until we left Reading.  They gave me dinner in the [...] Arms, then went to Fossbridge (I think) in the Cotswolds to spend a long weekend away from everyone.

            This morning I unpacked and worked out my timetable.  Mr R, my form-master, was away, so Dr.  D, the Head of the History Department, told us what was happening generally.  Mr T, who teaches us King John (Special Subject) is away also, probably till next Friday.  He left instructions for us to have read our books (mine is "loss of Normandy" by Sir Maurice Powicke – c.350 pages) by the time he comes back.  Work should be easier this term -- I have nine regular study periods a week, not to mention possible irregular ones.

            Now I am back at school and life is slightly less chaotic, I hope to keep this book filled more regularly.  My writing should be better, also.

            I forgot to mention that on Thursday evening D worked out what I should put in my U.C.C.A. forms, etc., (for university places.).


[PostedBlogger05092012]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.