Saturday 4 March 2023

{Crisis Revisited? [continued (3)]}[23rd January 1991]

[Redbook8:183-184][19910123:1501e]{Crisis Revisited? [continued (3)]}[23rd January 1991]


19910123:1501

[continued]


What strikes me is how far I have moved myself from the core of my experience, the beauty (and terror) of my crisis of a few years ago: so that (as in [2] it’s said:) ‘As we go down, we forget’.


This is a sign of a predominantly outer circle rotation, I believe. It has to do with the pressure of circumstances. In order to think and write this through, I had finally in desperation to raise my voice to a sick child, who is now coughing upstairs (actually I hear her footsteps coming down again: I’ve just read these last few lines to her, she says: ‘I hate you writing about me’, and after a quick cuddle[,] runs off. But I digress.) Within the last few months the following machinery has broken down:




Cost to us

Photocopier


£80

Car

new caliper (actually recent identification of old problem)

c£50

Central heating pump

irreparable (I had another)

c£10

Computer

uneconomic to repair (so new one must be set up)

c£500

Sewage system (blocked)



Vacuum cleaner

uneconomic to repair

c£60

Washing machine


c£80

Answering machine

not repaired


Bathroom heater

broken pull cord – demounting required


Photocopier again

faulty but workable


New windows

leaking – insufficient sealing


New computer

arrived faulty (under warranty)


Car again

stalling tendency but workable


(+ tooth – abscess!)



*


I have put aside my writing school course (½ way through) in order to concentrate on the circles booklet, then put aside the circles booklet in order to get a job (unsuccessfully so far), then put aside getting a job in order to concentrate on the computer.**



*All these items (other than the new computer, of course) are c5-8 years old


**[ – needed for the computer-based business, which was still earning money and involved monthly deadlines]



[continued]


[PostedBlogger04for09032023]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.