Monday 6 July 2015

{Dream: The Peace of God [continued(4)]}[24th October 1983]

[Redbook2:307-311][19831024:1000f]{Dream: The Peace of God [continued(4)]}[24th October 1983]

19831024:1000
[continued]

I must have, for a time, gone out through the doorway.

When I returned to the Hall, I seemed to be moving up and down as though on a giant slow pogo stick (I was not on one, however!), in half-time to what I was reciting; but my viewpoint was always from the high point of the movement, looking down on people, so perhaps it was just that my whole being vibrated with the words and their music. I recited it rather feebly and hesitantly at first, moving round past the near end of the lines (long table?) on the left; I was aware that people had stopped what they were doing and were watching me. After the first recital, as I moved down the lines towards the end line(s) by the tunnel mouth, I was prompted to try again, and this time my voice was firm and clear, producing a ringing resonance or echo.

(I set out the words as I remember them; but although I awoke at 7am, wide awake, with the words clear in my mind, and thought that I must remember them, I fell asleep again and unfortunately on re-awakening (much more tired) had confused the words a little with the words of the similar piece which has the same music. The music was said, not sung).

“The peace* of God which
bringeth peace and understanding
Shall give you peace and love*
Through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

By the time I had completed this for the second time, I could see no one in front of me at all (but I was still facing the end of the room to the left of the tunnel mouth).


*?

[continues]

[PostedBlogger06072015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.