Friday 24 July 2015

{A Dream-Event Connection: The High Window Ledge}[17th December 1983]

[Redbook2:324][19831217:2345]{A Dream-Event Connection: The High Window Ledge}[17th December 1983]

.2345

I ought to have recorded earlier (if I haven't already) that some months ago I had a series of dreams involving seeing people falling off high buildings, with much blood in the street; and with voices of family near me; and a dream or two of death, without cause. We had dinner one evening with [B] and [I], my aunt and cousin, at his flat off High St[reet] Ken[sington], on the third(?) floor at the front, on a hot evening with lots to drink and the low windows wide open – through which [my cousin] crawled to sit on the narrow ledge outside, feet dangling over the street. He invited me to join him; looking out, I realised that he was sitting on the wide bit, so that if I got out I should have to sit on the narrow bit:*

I remembered my dreams and became physically afraid, so much so that I had to sit down and eventually to ask him to come in; I tried and failed to shut the window.

While capable of fear and cowardice, I have jumped out of aircraft; heights do not necessarily petrify me, although perceived danger from heights can, and that height with my dreams did. I have not since then had any of the dreams described on this page.


*[Rough sketch plan included here might be scanned and inserted at a later time.]


[PostedBlogger24072015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.