Thursday 2 July 2015

{An Experience: of Death}[24th October 1983]

[Redbook2:307][19831024:1000b]{An Experience: of Death}[24th October 1983]

19831024:1000
[continued]

Just on the edge of going to sleep* the day before yesterday I had an experience simultaneously from three 'points':
(1) I saw, as if from a slight distance and to some extent diagrammatically, the event;
(2) I experienced the feeling of the survivor;
(3) I experienced with the dying.
The survivor watched the dying die, and knew the feeling of ending and muted loss – muted to me by the experience of the dying, who rose up into a wholeness of glorious light (by which stage in my mind I shared his vision as well as his feeling). Previously my viewpoint might have been diagrammatically represented so:**



(a diagram which might well seem to owe a little to the particle trace in a bubble chamber!)


*{A most unusual time for significant dreams: it is an 'experience'. cf p123, & p195.}

**[Simple sketch diagram (which may be inserted later) shows a horizontal arrow from the left ending after the arrowhead in a faint vertical dotted line, to the immediate right of which on the same level a short dashed line slopes at a shallow angle down to the right to a clearly marked end; and a solid arrow of about twice its length rises more steeply to the right.]


[PostedBlogger02072015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.