Thursday 16 July 2015

{A Dream: Floating Down to Earth}[17th December 1983]

[Redbook2:317-318][19831217:2015]{A Dream: Floating Down to Earth}[17th December 1983]

19831217.2015

This morning (finishing fully awake at about 4 a.m.) I dreamed a narrative so highly 'structured' or 'formalised' in flavour that I thought it at the time to be a Science Fiction story which I had read. High points recalled are (in order):

{1} A small conference or committee (including the 1st person?) addressed by one particular personage. But another, female-type, to his left, had a model about 18 inches long of a totem-type person in sections: when she removed the top section of the model's head, the speaker's opinions altered. He could not see her; she then caused the rest of the conference to forget her.

{2} ?Some sort of (hiding?) event on ground not unlike the T-junction by the [C] tree nursery.

{3} A group of us, young space? cadets, moving through the mechanical institution/college hoping that others will not realise what we are going to do, despite the fact that we are in space suits and they are not.

{4} We drop off the edge of this installation and into space. We are floating down to Earth. But there is a malfunction in my spacesuit – something to do with a pipe behind my head, which my companion tries to indicate to me. I cannot correct it. All this time we are floating gently down to Earth, seen all blue and white and green beneath us. He helps me onto a structure floating in mid-heaven, which then starts to descend slowly with us (perhaps behaving like a balloon?). On the way down he picks a fierce argument with me, almost a fight, at the end of which he reveals that he had to do this in order to test my reaction, which has shown him that... (something) is alright.

{5} Arrival on the ground.

[continues]

[PostedBlogger16072015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.