Sunday 5 July 2015

{Dream: The Peace of God [continued(3)]}[24th October 1983]

[Redbook2:307-311][19831024:1000e]{Dream: The Peace of God [continued(3)]}[24th October 1983]

19831024:1000
[continued]

A coach-load of people had just left down the tunnel*; we were expecting the coach to return, although whether with or without the passengers I find it hard now to say (I assumed with, at the time, but I am not sure whether that was clear). I moved over to my end of the long table on the left long side, the end away from the tunnel mouth, where an incident was brewing. One of the young men with his back to wall had been attacked (he said) by men from the **wall to the left of the tunnel mouth, who could be seen watching him with some disturbance; his neighbours (on both sides of the table I think) were urging him on as he voiced aggressive retaliatory threats in their direction. I may have been trying to calm them down.

I found myself at the other end of the right-hand wall, next to the tunnel-mouth – one still could not see into it at all. The people there, who I think were mostly women, were becoming increasingly anxious about the disturbances, particularly (I think) about the proximity of the tunnel mouth and the expected return of the bus.

Back at or near my first position, on centre long line and just behind centre short line, or perhaps a little nearer to the short wall (the wall opposite the tunnel mouth) or to the doorway, in a crowd I was looking for the fair-haired girl***. At that time or earlier I had I had wanted to introduce her to the dark haired girl*** whom I had earlier abandoned, but could not find the dark-haired girl; now, with a sense of loss, I could not find the fair-haired girl either, to keep her safe in the troubles that were coming.


*I still have a vivid sense of the headlong and terrifying rush of this Bus – purposefully and impossible to withstand or avoid.<870817>

**{the short wall?}

***[See entry before last previous entry]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger05072015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.