Wednesday 1 July 2015

{A Dream: Officer Commanding}[24th October 1983]

[Redbook2:306][19831024:1000]{A Dream: Officer Commanding}[24th October 1983]

19831024:1000

Some days ago I had a detailed 'narrative' type dream in which I was the officer commanding two sub-units of the same unit (regiment?) – associated in my mind with my [former] T.A. regiment, although this seems unlikely*. Unfortunately the details may have gone; but I had first to go up a hill into a devastated night-time(?) semi-urban area ahead of the main body, and stand to meet them as they came up in two long lines for dispersal (then I think we may have moved forward).

At a later stage it was Winter and the line was stuck in slit trenches in the snow, on the semi-urban plateau; there was danger that they would freeze there, and I had to go to them and inspire them to advance successfully, which I recall doing – I believe with success.

An unusual and intensely realistic dream: it was like a selection of someone's experience: it felt real, and to a considerable extent it felt whole.


*[Unlikely, presumably, within the dream framework, since it was so extremely unlikely in waking life as to be not worth remarking.]


[PostedBlogger01072015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.