Tuesday 29 December 2020

{Entering the Lists [continued (3)]}[18th February 1990]

[Redbook7:57][19900218:2143]{Entering the Lists [continued (3)]}[18th February 1990]


19900218.2143


I believe that when I first started writing, in my late teens, I thought that I might earn fame, fortune and an easy life as a writer. I soon realised that fortune, even a living, was extra-ordinarily unlikely; later, that I was unhappy about the consequences of fame; and most recently, that although the intense periods of writing have had an [sic] unique and extraordinary quality, the long periods in between (in the absence of any other activity) would be not so much easy as uneasy (According to BBC(?)* TV’s Arena yesterday (or Friday?), Graham Greene suffers greatly from boredom – and I can believe it).



*[Yes]



[continues]


[PostedBlogger29122020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.