Wednesday 21 October 2020

{A Secular Church in a Religious World (2) [continued (3)]}[2nd January 1990]

[Redbook7:5][19900102:1645b]{A Secular Church in a Religious World (2) [continued (3)]}[2nd January 1990]


.1645

[continued]


I note that at this crucial, critical juncture,* when the future seems so evenly divided – as one would expect, because I have the freedom to decide – my state of decision seems to oscillate with increasing rapidity between its two poles:



So I hope that as (and if) I achieve that state of Clear Glass to the Spirit** I shall simply be in a condition of (humanly) near-perfect rest, in which the Power of the ***Holy Spirit of God can do its work. And in that condition, of course, I should remain.


*[See [Redbook7:[1-]2-3][19891231:1830]{A Secular Church in a Religious World (1)}[31st December 1989]ff]

**(but see [next][foot]n[ote***] below)


***This is why the clarity must be in Christ, ie Christ within me.****


****[As for anyone, potentially; cf St Patrick’s Breastplate, 8th section (5th verse of hymn translation by C.F. Alexander)]


>>



[PostedBlogger21102020]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.