Sunday 13 August 2017

{Political Perspectives}[1st January 1988]

[Redbook4:276-277][19880101:2330d]{Political Perspectives}[1st January 1988]

19880101.2330
[continued]

When I was (with [W]) in business in London, at A~ as I now believe, I grew to admire Mrs. Thatcher* and what she was trying to do: from about May 1982 (or soon afterwards) until relatively recently. Now, as before that time, I suspect her motives, or at least her lack of certain qualities. It is only fair to say that I predicted, in London, that when we left London and most of our business (as I expected would happen), I would leave Mrs. T.* too; and that is exactly what is happening. Poll tax and the administration of the NHS have something to do with this (I suspect administration, as much as finance, of failing when hip replacements take priority over renal dialysis). Failure significantly to reduce the bureaucratic and financial burdens on small businesses has something to do with it as well.

*[Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS, FRIC was a British stateswoman, who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and as Leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990 (– Wikipaedia)]


[continues]


[PostedBlogger13082017]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.