Tuesday 29 September 2015

{Dreams of Lines and Landscapes: (2) The [London Railway] Line (North Downs)}[5th May 1986]

[Redbook3:7-8][19860505:2012c]{Dreams of Lines and Landscapes: (2) The [London Railway] Line (North Downs)}[5th May 1986]
19860505.2012
[continued]

The London to [local town] railway line, where it passes Southwards through the North Downs, branches in my dreams (but not in actuality, or at least not in quite the same fashion) into a number of long quarry-type single lines of normal or narrow gauge, taking different courses along the same narrow valley, often coming close to each other and to the main line, but leading invariably to dead ends. In my dreams I generally take the wrong one, and end up with my line getting smaller and smaller and eventually petering out on an overgrown path beside a river with sections of the bank missing (for example). I suppose that this could be because I am travelling Southwards instead of Northwards, although I do not recall the point occurring to me until now.

(I have, I think, written in the last Volume about the significance of railway symbols in dreams and in waking life.)*


*[[Redbook2:351][19841118:1935b]{Symbolic Lines}[18th November 1984]]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger29092015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.