Monday 7 September 2015

{A Dream: Of Giving Birth}[31st May 1985]

[Redbook2:360][19850531:1038]{A Dream: Of Giving Birth}[31st May 1985]

19850531:1038
Friday
([C])

A few mornings ago here I awoke after a dream like those necessary ones in which one wants to go to the loo to pee but every loo seems not quite suitable – in a sitting room [for example], or a public square. But in this one, at the end, I was in bed and surrounded by other people in beds; and my problem was that I was trying to pass turds but could not actually get it fully out. This went on for some time. Nearly overhead an elevated railway brought car-loads of passengers towards me and then curving away again at right angles. It was similar to the railway in 19841118.1935*; but we had just before this (in waking life) driven round the Isle of Dogs** and seen the partially constructed Docklands Light Railway, whose new sections had as yet pillars but no deck or bridges.

It seems fairly clear the process was symbolic of giving birth, which is due within a few weeks. The direction of the rail car was consistent with right or forward direction on the curves in the dream of 19841118.1935*, if one follows that direction on to the inner end of the bay.


*[[Redbook2:350][19841118:1935]{A Dream: Of Destinations}[18th November 1984]]

**[In London's Dockland, south of what later became the Canary Wharf financial centre.]

[Was so tempted to pass on this one...! But that would have been a waste and I would have dumped rather than discharged my duty to do a good job. In the end, I could neither a-void nor eliminate it, so have dung what I had to do.]


[PostedBlogger07092015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.