Sunday 13 September 2015

{A Dream: of an unpleasant kind}[7th July 1985]

[Redbook2:364][19850707:1233]{A Dream: of an unpleasant kind}[7th July 1985]

19850707:1233

This morning I dreamt, as follows: I was in [C], living upstairs, and my [next] sister [S] (with whom in waking life I have not spoken since her wedding day*) was living downstairs. I had problems.
{1} First of all, someone had left windows open on my floor, and the wind (and rain??) was [sic] coming in; I went round shutting the windows. (In waking life we had a storm a couple of days ago when precisely this happened.)
{2} Second, [S](?) had filled a grate on my floor too full with kindling, which could have burnt the house down; I removed it.**
{3} Thirdly, I found in one room a huge, slow, female rat***, with empty udders, which despite my efforts crawled past me through the door, down the stairs and into the sitting-room on [S]'s floor. [S] shouted at me words to the effect of: 'Take it away, Richard!' (– the name Richard**** being in waking life an invariable sign of someone who has insufficient interest even to remember my name correctly). The rat turned into a huge insect, of a crawling kind, which – [S] having disappeared – crawled into a thing like a huge Cornish pasty***** that was lying on the floor******

Although I seemed to remain quite detached at the time, as set out here it seems quite the nastiest dream I have had within memory.


*{July 1983}

**(The night before, we had a discussion about fire risk from roof lights.)

***(We had been comparing squirrels and rats the day before.)

****applied to me <870710>

*****{Ugh!}

******([In waking life] we had discussed mice found in bread.)


[PostedBlogger13092015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.