Tuesday 8 September 2015

{An Experience: of Inner Silence}[31st May 1985]

[Redbook2:361][19850531:1038b]{An Experience: of Inner Silence}[31st May 1985]

19850531:1038
[continued]

On the evening before yesterday, after a day spent sitting and then lying (and dozing) in the sunny, windy garden [at [C]], as we started supper (in easy chairs), I found myself virtually unable to speak, as a great sense of silence descended on me: I could only stare at the fire while everyone else spoke. This lasted for some minutes: perhaps ten?

We had on the previous day visited my old [first boarding] school, where I had been rather bewildered to be (very slightly) 'lionised'*, and had suffered afterwards a strong sense of melancholy at the futility of lives.


*[Possibly on account of a student newspaper produced in the final term at secondary-level school; or perhaps just welcomed.]

[PostedBlogger08092015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.