Thursday 20 August 2015

{The Ugly Duckling}[2nd July1984]

[Redbook2:343-344][19840702:0830d]{The Ugly Duckling}[2nd July1984]

19840702.0830
[continued]

I came across an advertisement in Time Out [magazine] the other day: “Qabalah: Want to help organise and develop a practical, working group? Integrity and commitment are the only essential requirements. Ugly duckings needing confirmation of assumed swanhood please continue waiting until contacted; others ring 806-1787.' The instruction, concisely if perhaps unkindly put, encapsulates a serious problem for me, and a reason why it may be better for me to work on my own and not attend groups. I do expect people to listen to me as I listen to them; but by far the best way for me now seems to be to read, reflect, and write, and to preserve anonymity in all of this to avoid the risk of contamination by 'feedback'. – Not feedback of ideas: that will come if it will; but feedback of the 'outer' world kind which can corrupt fatally.


[PostedBlogger20082015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.