Monday 10 August 2015

{A Dream – of Warning? – Let Out Too Soon}[15th May 1984]

[Redbook2:333-334][19840515:1715b]{A Dream – of Warning? – Let Out Too Soon}[15th May 1984]

19840515.1715
[continued]

At around the same time* – in this case on the night of Tuesday 24th April, just before we went to [C] for five days – I dreamt, briefly, that several of the family were waiting outside a door – the sort of door that has a round window in it. My father came through and we asked: How is he? He said: '[B] is dead. They let him out to soon.'

This dream puzzled me somewhat. When we returned to London on {the following} Tuesday, or on the next day, we learnt from my mother (who had only herself learnt on the previous day) that [B] had bought a motorcycle and intended to earn extra money working as a courier at night.

I have had one sleepless night over this, which I take as (if anything) a serious warning rather than an absolute prediction. [B] is possibly superstitious enough to be significantly upset by this, which he might misconstrue; I should like to ask the advice of my father, who probably knows [B] best and tends to give this kind of thing due consideration, but I have not yet found him at home. I am told that he has already warned [B] of the dangers and has been listened to, and that [B] is being careful, e.g. leaving his motorcycle, away from home, when the wind was high one night. It is not easy to know what is the best thing to do.


*[i.e as in last previous entry]


[PostedBlogger10082015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.