Sunday 9 August 2015

{A Dream: Family Ends and Beginnings}[15th May 1984]

[Redbook2:333][19840515:1715]{A Dream: Family Ends and Beginnings}[15th May 1984]

19840515.1715

Some days ago I dreamt that I was in a party, seated at tables; someone asked [SH] to recount an incident involving his young child (a boy?) who was nearby, which he did: that the child's grandfather had been with him (?) and had suddenly seemed to go quite peculiar, quoting parts of the Daily Telegraph at length.

I saw my father sitting at the and of the table; he looked and made a curious fluttering movement with his hand(s?) and arm(s?). I have only seen this motion once: in the RSC production*, it was Hotspur's final moment on his death. I understood at once and signified so by clapping my hand firmly to my heart.

I found myself standing over the child, proclaiming for its family and descendants (but not for itself) a prophetic curse: not something that I arranged but something that I foresaw as a direct result of [S]'s actions. The details escape me; but I do know that the child itself was specifically exempted.


*[Royal Shakespeare Company – presumably Henry IV, Part 1.]


[PostedBlogger09082015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.