Tuesday 25 August 2015

{A Dream [continued]: ...and a Fear of Falling}[18th September 1984]

[Redbook2:347-348][19840918:1315c]{A Dream [continued]: ...and a Fear of Falling}[18th September 1984]

19840918.1315
[continued]

Later* I was in a room similar to the 'Great Space' at [my first boarding school]. A production was being prepared or rehearsed. I was up a tall stepladder. A golden chalice (and plate? etc.?) took off and flew past me, returning in a wide loop at least once. Each time, I tried to reach out for it: each time, the ladder wobbled, I distinctly felt the fear of falling, and I withdrew too soon to touch the chalice. Eventually I descended the wobbly ladder; and although no one commented adversely, and life below continued as before with me among it, I was expecting something to be said, because I knew that once again I had failed at the test.


Many elements in these dreams can be attributed to persons or events with whom or which I have been involved during the past few days.


*[See last previous entry]

[PostedBlogger25082015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.