Saturday 8 August 2015

{A Dream: Auchtermachter}[20th April 1984]

[Redbook2:331-332][19840420:2330f]{A Dream: Auchtermachter}[20th April 1984]

19840420.2330
[continued]

Within the last week or so I dreamt that I was walking up to Sloane Square with [W], but that about next to the Duke of York's gate she crossed the King's Road with [B] and continued in the same direction on the other side – the North side.

I entered a large room that was aligned as Sloane Square is, but was not Sloane Square. I entered, as it were, from the Underground Station, and walked along the South Side beside a long table at which sat a row of people facing me. Among them were two whom I at first confused with [W] and [B], but quickly identified as [SX]* (of [my former employers]) and [NT] (of [a client gallery]). They nodded and waved to me.

At the end of the table I came to the beginning of another long table set at right angles to it and away to my right; I went round behind this and the people sitting behind it, approaching a man standing up at the centre of the long table. At this point I thought I knew this was another dream about winning a prize, and thought that I knew that I had won it and that the name '[0]' would be announced. I was aware of [a] feeling of contentment, although in retrospect this may have been because of the kind of dream it was (or may have been) rather than what it was about.

The man standing held up a book, whose red-on-yellow (?) cover I thought I recognised, and said in a European accent words to the effect of: 'The prize is awarded to the book' – and here his voice paused and changed, signifying surprise and slight irony – 'Auchtermachter'.

I continued along the back of the table and at its end I turned sharp right – more than 90 degrees: for the room was triangular, and by passing along the straight blank third wall I found myself back where I had come in, with (I think I remember) [SX] and [NT] acknowledging me again.


*[an author]
 
[PostedBlogger08082015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.