Monday 17 August 2015

{A Dream: The Right Lines}[2nd July1984]

[Redbook2:341-343][19840702:0830]{A Dream: The Right Lines}[2nd July1984]

19840702.0830

A dream this morning between first awaking and re-awaking (second awakening?!): I was due to attend some form of exhibition, and was worried about how to get my exhibit from the station to the exhibition. When I reached the station, however, there was no problem over any exhibit: I had none.

The station served two parallel sets of double-track [through]* lines: I think I had arrived on a westbound train, leaving the city. The two sets of tracks were not simply two pairs of a four-track route: they were two different networks running parallel. I made my way south across the southern platform (although I may have arrived at the centre platform I was not aware of the precise moment or method of crossing tracks; it is possible that I arrived at the southern platform).

I noticed a set of two spur tracks cutting though the southern platform, leaving the southern tracks to the west and joining, opposite me, a set of two tracks coming in from the west which entered an adjacent [through]* station headed 'Northern Line'. I had thought that I recognised the layout as West Hampstead (from which in fact it differs), until I saw a station sign on the smaller station ahead of me: 'Kensal Green'.


*[See next entry footnote]

[continues]

[PostedBlogger17082015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.