Friday 6 March 2015

{The Music}[29th January 1982]

[Redbook2:218][19820129:2345]{The Music}[29th January 1982]

19820129.2345

Walking home from work tonight, I was aware of the music: two interlinked themes: the one voice or woodwind, high, simple, like a single line or curving rod of light; the other low, deep, complex, of mixed instrumentation, especially percussion, but also with an idea (perhaps my own) of voices of a similar character. The higher pursued its own narrow flight across from left to right of the creation; the lower swam like a great sea beneath it, but following it, so that it's tormented grandeur leapt at times towards the Lightline, its music for those times in harmony with that above, and at all times in relationship to it. And I heard this music, though I cannot now recall its precision: it was the loveliest I had ever heard. I did try to place in it a mid-point or song, between the two, but it was an artificial effort, without validity, I think.


[PostedBlogger06032015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.