Saturday 7 March 2015

{Attraction}[30th January 1982]

[Redbook2:219][19820130:1300]{Attraction}[30th January 1982]

19820130.1300

One thing I meant to add, and forgot, was that while I was in the state described yesterday, or rather towards the end of it, I noticed people looking at me as I passed in the street. This has happened before, and has made me wonder (as one does) whether I was in fact talking to myself; but that seems unlikely in this case, as my mind was filled with something which cannot be effectively conveyed in words. An imaginary conversation can be easily spoken; an intellectual consideration, say, of abstract concepts, could be reduced to speech. But the attempt to describe in words a state of this kind, necessarily unsuccessful, requires conscious effort.

It is possible that these passers-by are not conscious of turning their eyes, nor of what has attracted their attention (or something other than their attention).


[PostedBlogger07032015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.