Friday 19 August 2022

{The 1968 Cup Final}[6th November 1990]

[Redbook8:88][19901106:1145]{The 1968 Cup Final}[6th November 1990]


19901106.1145


There’s an interesting clue in [2] (formerly [titled] ‘[...]’),* to the possible pre-existence in the (or at least my) ‘unconscious’ mind, of the historical pattern of precise cycles – or to an amazing coincidence.


xS has just arrived:


‘“Why have you come to Cambridge?” I asked her.

“To answer questions.”

“What – like who scored the winning goal in the 1968 Cup Final?”

She turned on me grey-blue eyes of such piercing clarity that I was struck dumb.’**


I seem to recall that I was simply looking for a facetious question for [the Narrator] to ask xS, but that once I had chosen the ‘winning goal in the Cup Final’ idea I had a little difficulty in settling on the date: the ?Leeds*** v[ersus] Chelsea match which I listened to in Paris (from homesickness), and which went into extra time – at a later date?**** – occurred to me, but for some reason I chose 1968 instead of that year (1970). ‘For some reason’ – but that the 64G~ year 1968# should push itself to the front in response to the [uncompleted] sentence ‘Who scored the winning goal in the 19-- Cup final?’ is remarkable, given that the Grail cup is the pre-eminent G~ symbol.#*




*ref [2](EoC) 3-2.17

(Should be 2-2.17!)

[Reference to original unrevised TS only, typed in Wales directly from ms written 30th December 1986 to 21st January 1987 in Scotland ]


**[Subject to revision. Continues: ‘When I raised my eyes from the ground, she was already walking down the hill, a slight figure among the grass waves. “[xS]!” I ran after her.’]


***[Yes – Leeds United]


****[Yes]


#[Not identified as such in this journal until some time later, after moving from Scotland to Wales: see [Redbook6:328][19891022:100b]{History Cycles}[22nd October 1989], the earliest note of it as such discovered in a search for ‘1968’]


#*[& that xS (R~) appears in [2] as one of the two sub-archetypes of +K (G~)]



[PostedBlogger19082022]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.