Monday 20 July 2020

{Love, Uncertainty and Emptiness against the Church [continued]}[12th October 1989]


[Redbook6:306-307][19891012:1612f]{Love, Uncertainty and Emptiness against the Church [continued]}[12th October 1989]

19891012.1612
[continued]



Time and again* I have said that it is not my business to have opinions as to the truth, [but] only to discover it if I can: and although it is a fine line (since discovery involves critical analysis), the attempt to conform, even the experiment to see if conformity is possible, to church dogma, is fatal: the Spirit veiled by received wisdom (just as my writings (or anyone’s!)** could become the received wisdom of future generations, in principle, yet be valid now).

In practice, what this has meant is that personal involvement in Church thinking and practice and in Christian doctrine has to an extent dried up the well*** of discovery in the Spirit: almost imperceptibly, I try to conform, to ordain my thoughts into the Church.

It is possible (as I have remarked)**** that my willingness to enter the Church as a Minister was enough; or, it is possible that I shall still be ordained. But only on the clearly expressed terms of the Spirit. And if not, not. # Thy Will be done, in Grace: Lover, love Love, and be beloved.


*[]

**(ie) Or anyone’s! <891105>

***(And we had a drought, too!)

****{ref? [multiple?]}

# r~ ← c ← s~

- - - -

<891012>
- - - - - - - -
<891226>


[PostedBlogger20072020]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.