Saturday 12 May 2018

{Railway Mandalas}[7th June 1988]


[Redbook5:140][19880607:1930]{Railway Mandalas}[7th June 1988]

19880607.19(30c)

Re-reading about Jung's view that the spontaneous production of Mandalas is a sign of individuation – a point clearly relevant to the [O] – reminded me that years ago, when I was still at my [primary-level boarding] school I think (i.e. age 8-13, probably around 11-12) I used to draw plans for a single central railway station and layout for a central city, like this:


To the best of my recollection, the main station was always oriented North-South; but I could be wrong about this. The direct North-South through-route is logically necessary; my memory of it is not so clear. Some versions may have had an East-West station above or below the North-Sought station making the same type of connections with the ring; but that is not strictly necessary.

I also use to draw logically unco-ordinated 'maps' of railway systems on fictitious islands. I suppose that the Morland may have developed from these (as well as from the Central Station 'mandala').


[PostedBlogger12052018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.