Monday 21 May 2018

{Jung's 'Memories, Dreams & [sic] Reflections' [continued (5)]}[11th June 1988]


[Redbook5:147-148][19880611:0107]{Jung's 'Memories, Dreams & [sic] Reflections' [continued (5)]}[11th June 1988]

.0107

*'Everything I aimed at or wished for or thought, the whole phantasmagoria of earthly existence, fell away and was stripped from me – an extremely painful process. Nevertheless, something remained; it was as if I now carried along with me everything I had ever experienced or done, everything that had happened around me. I might also say: it was with me, and I was it. I consisted of all that, so to speak. I consisted of my own history, and I felt with great certainty: this is what I am. “I am this bundle of what has been, and what has been accomplished.”'** (My emphasis)

In other words, the self-will disappears; the passive, experiencing, recording Soul remains. I suppose you could argue that the Individual will tends outward from God, into the Separation; whereas the 'Recording' Soul tends inwards (i.e. absorbing), towards God, away from the Separation.

The former is Outer Circle but also M~-hemisphere driven; the latter is Inner Circle but also G~-hemisphere motivated. The former retains the possibility of initiating change; the latter, it seems, lacks the will to change.***


*pp321 (ibid) [in 'Memories, Dreams, Reflections '(See last four previous entries.)]

**(Jung's near-death vision.)

*** – but can be changed, presumably. <891010>


[continues]

[PostedBlogger21for23052018]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.