Saturday 17 June 2017

{Child-ish and Child-like (2)*}[19th December 1987]

[Redbook4:238-240][19871219:1055d]{Child-ish and Child-like (2)*}[19th December 1987]

19871219.1055
[continued]

So far as the connection of religion and child sexual abuse* is concerned, it is of course worth bearing in mind that the Christ-child is a potent image or symbol in Christian myth (By “myth” I do not mean that it is not true). I know that when the figure or Archetype of +C (+CI~) first began to emerge strongly in my own mind,** I (being about 16 to 25 years of age) was quite concerned as to what I might be becoming. In fact, I was terrified, even though I now guess that I was {psychologically}*** quite incapable of any physical act that would have justified my fears.****

It was only when I left the rather intense and largely single-sex atmosphere of public [i.e. private boarding] school and Cambridge, that I was able to shake off these fears, if I recall correctly; and for two or three years after that I found myself [still] attracted in principle (though rarely in practice) to girls of the adolescent# age, before more normal heterosexual tastes, which had co-existed with them since I first became sexually aware, excluded them. I say ‘more normal’ but, of course, many men find adolescent# girls sexually attractive; in some societies, they marry them.


*[Ref. [Redbook4:235-236][19871219:0105]{Child-ish and Child-like}[19th December 1987].]

**as another person: prior to this I had wondered whether I was [a type of] the [(+CI~)] archetype (See III.[[Redbook3:55-56][19870329:1210e](DEVELOPMENT [continued])[29th March 1987],] 56).

***{} <891005>

****{No doubt a psychologist would (in the mirror-thinking common to our culture) say that I had sublimated sexual impulses into religion. If so, he would be quite wrong. I understand very well the nature of Reality.}

#[Here implying nubile but under the age of consent in UK law (16), rather than the wider World Health Organisation definition.]


[continues]


[PostedBlogger17062017]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.