Tuesday 13 January 2015

{This Book}[13th November 1980]

[Redbook2:170-171][19801113:2310a]{This Book}[13th November 1980]

19801113.2310
[continued]

And is this*, too, a conceit, in either main sense? Perhaps; but it is my own, and it is my own Book. My prose works elsewhere I write according to my own direction, but to stand in the World or fall, and if the World reject them, I may reject it, but I cannot complain of ill-treatment for myself. My poems, so little as they are, are pure of myself, for the most part, and criticism has no relevance or standing: their validity is in their existence as an expression of myself, not in their relation to others. This Book is for myself: others may read it and draw their own conclusions, but unlike the other prose works it is not meant for them. So tiptoe walk, and talk in whispers.


*[See last previous entry]


[PostedBlogger13012015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.