Friday 30 January 2015

{A Tarot Reading}[28th June 1981]

[Redbook2:185-186][19810628:2240]{A Tarot Reading}[28th June 1981]

19810628.2240

I am off to Germany tomorrow, and this 'log' is overdue. I was unhappy for months about M going to Zimbabwe, but did not know why. I suppose I rationalised it: first by the political situation out there – an unsatisfactory basis – and second by L's vulnerability: why not, I suggested, leave L behind, or take L elsewhere. When she finally told me in [T] that she had booked the tickets, I was deeply concerned. As soon as I got home (she had gone out again) I took out the Tarot Pack which I had for some reason brought with me (this was on 23rd May), and shuffled them and, following exactly the Kaplan* instructions for the Tarot Classic, laid them out, keeping in mind (across the table) 'M (and L) to Rhodesia'. I have not done this before and I do not expect to do so [again], although I suppose I may. The results were:

1 – Empress – Present position.
2 – High Priestess – Immediate influence.
3 – Chariot – Goal or Destiny.
4 – Star – Distant Past Foundation.
5 – Emperor – Recent Past Events.
6 – Fool – Future Influence.
7 – Judgment – (Questioner).
8 – Magician – (Environmental Factors).
9 – Devil – Inner Emotions.
10 – Tower – Final Result.

I stuck to the interpretation given in the pamphlet; but, as the pamphlet does not, I did not distinguish 'negative' aspects in reversed cards only but instead treated 'positive' and 'negative' as different possible manifestations of the same outcome. While this obviously can build in personal bias, it actually affects very few of the cards which appeared. In any case, I thought the actual combination which resulted to be sufficiently remarkable** to show to M. She cancelled her tickets on the next working day; and at the end of the week – Friday very early morning – suffered an abdominal obstruction which caused her great pain and landed her in hospital for more than a week.


*Stuart R. Kaplan 'Tarot Classic Instructions' – with Tarot Classic book by Muller & Cie for U.S. Games Systems Inc. <930116>

**[-- Given personal and family circumstances. This appears to be the only time the Tarot pack was used for this type of activity.  Its use for this type of activity is neither endorsed nor recommended.]


[continues]

[PostedBlogger30012015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.