Sunday 18 January 2015

{More pre-rational connections [continued]}[23rd November 1980]

[Redbook2:174-175][19801123:2200a]{More pre-rational connections [continued]}[23rd November 1980]

19801123.2200
[continued]

I do regret giving up parachuting: I think it is true to say that jumping has always caused me a certain amount of anxiety, and I have the stomach for it. I have enjoyed the experience, on the rare occasions when I have managed to get a jump. I do not have the stomach to wait around for a whole weekend, again and again, and get nothing. So if I do become self-employed and can use weekdays, and have time, I shall go again. But I want to keep the first jump fresh in my memory; it was an intense experience: the preparation and flight (I was No.4), the moment of 'free' fall in intense blue nothingness, the flight across the airfield, and a clumsy landing. There is a danger that subsequent jumps might blur this memory.


[continues]

[PostedBlogger18012015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.