Saturday 17 January 2015

{Foresight [continued(3)]}[19th November 1980]

[Redbook2:173][19801119:0015]{Foresight [continued(3)]}[19th November 1980]

19801119.0015

A curious sequel to the previous paragraph is that after the drowning man image, on successive nights I saw rushing waters – mostly in rivers. On Thursday following these I was asked, unexpectedly, to go to a party on a river bus. It was on a Friday evening. I had an anxious time: at first I remembered the images of water; but quickly I forgot that, and was made tense by the presence of half a dozen or more young men from the Regulars, insecure and aggressive. I also rediscovered my own lack of sympathy with most of the men of my own Regiment, and their women. The experience was memorable and intense, in a slightly unpleasant way, punctuated by the sight of water rushing close past the low windows of the lower deck. Perhaps I remembered it backwards in time, for since then no more water has flown [sic] past my inner vision.... Once[,] one of the visitors started to climb over the rail. A curt command from the 'bridge', repeated, made him change his mind – after a moment. But I had wondered whether he would go on, or fight.

 

[PostedBlogger17for16012015]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.